The Best of the Week (Aug 14): IoT Zone
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Make sure you didn't miss anything with this list of the Best of the Week in the IoT Zone (August 14 to August 21). Here they are, in order of popularity:
1. The Leaf in the Wild: MongoDB at MachineShop
I had the chance to meet with John Cox, Senior Technology Director at MachineShop (link is external), who running their Internet of Services platform on MongoDB. MachineShop is one of many startups who are using MongoDB to power the Internet of Thing.
2. The Potential of Cloud plus IoT
I've heard some dubious claims contrasting the cloud and IoT. I've also seen the connection between the two overhyped and generally misunderstood. As the lead cloud engineer at an IoT company, I feel obligated both to provide context and advocate for a proper understanding of the potential of IoT plus cloud.
3. The Programming Challenges of IoT
There are two programming challenges for IoT: data & control, and information & business logic. For this article, we’re going to talk about the programming problems we can solve around IoT. We’ll start at the bottom (data and control) and work our way up to the big picture (information and business logic).
4. Book Review: Arduino Home Automation Projects
Author Marco Schwartz combines high-definition photographs, clear diagrams, and sufficiently sharp screen snapshots with easy-to-follow text to describe seven projects in seven chapters of Arduino Home Automation Projects that apply Arduino to build home automation projects.
5. The Internet of Things Protocol WarsTransformational technologies are inevitably the battleground for competing implementations and protocols, and the Internet of Things (IoT) is no exception. However, the evolutionary trajectory of two different markets makes this battle an interesting and unpredictable one
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.
Operator Overloading in Java
Mastering Time Series Analysis: Techniques, Models, and Strategies
Effortlessly Streamlining Test-Driven Development and CI Testing for Kafka Developers
How To Use Pandas and Matplotlib To Perform EDA In Python