Big Data Weekly Snapshot: 12 June 2015
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Here's your top ten news stories about big data for the week of 12 June 2015.
- Amazon and Google want to store your DNA in the cloud.
- German Chancellor Angela Merckel urged German businessmen to embrace big data.
- Airbnb recently released its powerful data analysis tool Aerosolve to its open source site.
- Datameer has brought long-awaited (and long-needed) governance tools to Hadoop.
- You might feel exposed, but a recent study covered by Business Insider says that only 0.5% of your data is actually analyzed.
- Pachyderm raised $2 million in funding in its seed round.
- IBM is pushing towards big data with a new facility in San Francisco.
- Get an overview of this week's Hadoop Summit.
- Microsoft is adding new Hadoop options, including MapR and Hortonworks, to complement its own services.
- Cascading 3.0 was released with support for Apache Tez.
DZone's top three Big Data stories were:
big data, big data snapshot, bigdata
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.