Bio4j Go Tools
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
UPDATE: This post is from March 2011 so if you are interested in this tool please check all the features and functionality that have been added from that time till now listed here:- Bio4j GO Tools goes web (April 2011)
- GO Annotation graph visualizations with Bio4j Go Tools + Gephi Toolkit + SiGMa project (April 2011)
- Improvements in Bio4j Go Tools (Graph visualization) (June 2011)
- Cool GO annotation visualizations with Gephi + Bio4j (November 2011)
Now the original post:
As you may have seen Bio4j has already started making his way through
the bioinformatics world; however there’s not as much information as
there should be about the project yet.
That’s where Bio4j Go Tools comes in as the first real-world example using Bio4j as back-end.
The services provided so far are:
- Uniprot protein GO annotations retrieving
- GoSlim requests with custom Slim term sets.
Both services results and client-server communication are XML based following a really simple and intuitive structure.
A user-friendly AIR application has been developed allowing the user to directly use these services abstracting the logic of the different requests.
Enjoy it ;)
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.