Bringing Depth to PaaS for Real-World Deployments
The Cloud Zone is brought to you in partnership with Iron.io. Discover how Microservices have transformed the way developers are building and deploying applications in the era of modern cloud infrastructure.
Date: March 1, 2013
By: Aaron Delp and Brian Gracely
Description: Brian talks with Sinclair Schuller (@sschuller), CEO/Founder at Apprenda, about the challenges and realities of migrating applications to a PaaS for Windows and Java environments. They get in-depth about PaaS operations at the application and infrastructure layers. They also talk about Hybrid Clouds and real-world deployment models at JP Morgan Chase.
Apprenda in the News
- Aprenda announces Java support and Go-To-Market with JP Morgan Chase
- Apprenda Shifts the Game on Polyglot vs. Best of Breed PaaS
- Cloud Foundry faces fear of forking
- If Gartner had a Magic Quadrant for Private PaaS
- Apprenda embraces Hybrid Cloud for .NET Applications
- Application Servers in History: Does Enterprise PaaS Fit the Mold?
- Is VMware’s Investment in Puppet Labs a CloudFoundry hedge?
- PaaS and Mobile Enterprise - Real Conversations with Customers
Topic 1 - We spent alot of time in 2012 talking to various PaaS vendors (Apprenda, RedHat, VMware, various CloudFoundry PaaS providers). Lots of high-level stuff. Let’s talk about a real-world scenario for PaaS.
Topic 2 - Apprenda announced v4.0, which included support for Hybrid Cloud. Let’s talk about Hybrid Cloud and the types of scenarios you here business asking for this capability.
Topic 3 - Let’s talk about the State of PaaS in the marketplace (polyglot vs. alternative architectures), customers vs. competition, etc.