Date: March 1, 2013
By: Aaron Delp and Brian Gracely
Description: Brian talks with Sinclair Schuller (@sschuller), CEO/Founder at Apprenda, about the challenges and realities of migrating applications to a PaaS for Windows and Java environments. They get in-depth about PaaS operations at the application and infrastructure layers. They also talk about Hybrid Clouds and real-world deployment models at JP Morgan Chase.
Apprenda in the News
- Aprenda announces Java support and Go-To-Market with JP Morgan Chase
- Apprenda Shifts the Game on Polyglot vs. Best of Breed PaaS
- Cloud Foundry faces fear of forking
- If Gartner had a Magic Quadrant for Private PaaS
- Apprenda embraces Hybrid Cloud for .NET Applications
- Application Servers in History: Does Enterprise PaaS Fit the Mold?
- Is VMware’s Investment in Puppet Labs a CloudFoundry hedge?
- PaaS and Mobile Enterprise - Real Conversations with Customers
Topic 1 - We spent alot of time in 2012 talking to various PaaS vendors (Apprenda, RedHat, VMware, various CloudFoundry PaaS providers). Lots of high-level stuff. Let’s talk about a real-world scenario for PaaS.
Topic 2 - Apprenda announced v4.0, which included support for Hybrid Cloud. Let’s talk about Hybrid Cloud and the types of scenarios you here business asking for this capability.
Topic 3 - Let’s talk about the State of PaaS in the marketplace (polyglot vs. alternative architectures), customers vs. competition, etc.