C++ Links #6
C++ Links #6
Time for some more handy links to keep you up to speed in the world of C++. Take a look and you're sure to find something you can use.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Welcome to new C++ Links — most important and useful articles, podcasts and videos that happen between 6th and 12th of October.
Today you will find a link to Core Guidelines rules about Concepts, a long article about C++17 class template deduction and a video that shows how inline keyword is taken into account by the compiler.
At the end, you will also find a bonus!
- , after the last introduction to metaprogramming.Today he writes about the most desirable C++20 feature — Concepts. C++ Core Guidelines already have rules about Concepts and Rainer describes a few of them in the article. Remember that current C++ Standard working draft already contains Concepts!
- C++ Weekly from Jason Turner: he describes what "inline" keyword means for the compiler.
- Jonathan Boccara shows a technique useful for understanding code: counting words in code, like calculating the number of occurrences of each word in a given piece of code.
- How to avoid issues during a daylight-saving transition. A new addition to the abseil library that makes it easier to convert between time zones, civil times, and absolute time.
- A post from Arne Mertz in which he shows how to call C code from C++ using
- about a C++17 feature — class template argument deduction. The introduction covers some common cases and there is also a section for experts with corner cases!
- Post from Jonathan — he presents a mini-project that count words from a text.
- Here is the place for delayed CppCast. It's not there yet because of Hurricane Michael...
Bonus 1: If you like C++ quizzes and you already solved everything from cppquiz.org, here you can find more challenging questions.
Bonus 2: You can track the CppCon Youtube Channel where more and more videos from the latest edition start to appear!
Published at DZone with permission of Bartłomiej Filipek , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.