Capitalware releases MQ File Mover v3.0.0 for Free
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The MQ File Mover v3.0.0 (MQFM) application is a software package that is designed to move files using WebSphere MQ (aka MQSeries). MQFM processes “Action” commands which are controlled through an MQFM Workflow XML file. The user combines a series of Action commands to create the MQFM Workflow XML file.
- The MQFM Workflow XML Action framework currently contains 11 Action commands:
- Send - Sends 1 or more files as individual messages via MQ
- Watch - Monitors for a particular file or monitor a directory for files to appear and then send the file (can be run as a daemon or as a Windows service)
- Receive - Receives an incoming message and write it to a file (can be run as a daemon or as a Windows service)
- PutQuit - Puts a 'Quit' message on a queue
- Execute - Runs an external program / application
- Append - Appends a file to another file
- Copy - Copies 1 or more files from a directory to another directory
- Move - Moves 1 or more files from a directory to another directory
- Delete - Deletes 1 or more files in a directory
- Rename - Renames a file
- Zip - Compresses a file, many files or a directory of files into a Zip archive
- MQFM can connect to a queue manager in 3 possible ways:
- Locally in binding mode
- Remotely using a Client Channel Definition Table (CCDT)
- Remotely using a MQ XML file
- MQFM supports both forms of MQ security:
- SSL for connecting to remote queue managers
- 3rd party security exit for connecting to remote queue managers
You can download MQ File Mover from the following web page:
MQ File Mover is licensed under Apache License 2. It is free to use but support is not included. A support license may be purchased.
Please let me know if you have any questions or comments.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.