cedarsoft Serialization 1.0.0-beta1
cedarsoft Serialization (GPL with Classpath Exception) offers version aware serialization of java object trees with maximum control. Its goal is to provide some simple classes (very small framework) that enables rapid development of versioned serialization.
Serialized XML contains version informations and might look like that:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?> <?format 2.0.1?> <businessObject> <name>theName</name> ... </businessObject>
It does not contain any "magic" code. It just offers plain and very fast serialization.
It follows those main ideas:
- Version support as first class citizen (Every serialized object gets its version information attached -->necessary for stability)
- Minimized boiler plate code (--> fast results), but:
- No magic (no bad surprises)
- Performance, performance!
- Flexibility and therefore stability: Serialized objects can be read with all future versions.
Do not believe the wrong "everything can be done automatically" promise. Write that code that matters. And nothing more.