The Mobile Zone is brought to you in partnership with CA Technologies. Spending too much time coding your mobile backend? CA Mobile App Services does the work for you.
Chris Ziegler’s post “Why do I keep coming back to the Nexus S?” is actually more of a checklist that he’d like Android manufactures to adhere to:
- Don’t launch a buzzword feature until it’s more than just a buzzword.
- Don’t launch a product with obvious problems, even if you plan on fixing them down the road with a patch.
- Keep it simple. Favor quality over functionality.
- Don’t be fooled into believing that you can’t differentiate in meaningful ways through industrial design alone.
- Trumpet your commitment to Google’s 18-month upgrade policy at every opportunity.
If I had to buy an Android phone right now, the Nexus S would be a prime
candidate, because you have vanilla Android and will get updates for a
long time. HTC’s recent move
to make rooting easier also has made their phones more attractive to me.
The Mobile Zone is brought to you in partnership with CA Technologies. Read the ebook: Accelerating Enterprise Mobile and IoT App Development to learn more.