After three milestone releases Click 1.4 final is available for download. Major features include stateful page support, component event methods and a performance filter that helps you apply Yahoo Performance Rules. A big thanks goes to all the users and developers who's contributions made this release possible.
- Download Click 1.4
- Click Home
- Live examples – Java source and markup is available with every example
Pages and components are developed in Java while layouts are specified in Velocity or JSP. Components know how to render themselves so developers don't have to maintain redundant markup.
Highlights for 1.4 includes:
- Stateful page support which makes developing complex pages and page flows much easier.
- New Control event methods - onInit(), onRender() and onDestroy().
- New PerformanceFilter enables your applications Yahoo style performance with very little effort.
- New AutoCompleteTextField control gives you Ajax auto-complete functionality.
- New Ant task to quickly build application templates.
- Added support for Cayenne versions 2.x and 3.x.
- ThreadLocal Context support which provides you access to the Context in page constructors.
- Lots more code examples and design patterns on click-examples.
- Performance improvements.
Highlights for ClickIDE:
- Support for Spring and Cayenne.
- Added Cayenne Modeler launcher.
- Improved Velocity code completion.