Click Web Framework 1.5.2: Pluggable Security Access & Improved Spring Integration
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Click 1.5.2 is another maintenance release in the 1.5 series and includes new features such as a plug-able security access controller and improved Spring integration.
Click is a modern page and component oriented Java web framework providing a natural rich client style programming model. Click is stateless by design however stateful Pages are also supported. For a quick overview please see the introductory article.
Please note that this is a non-Apache release. For new projects use Apache Click which is continuing the development of the framework.
- Click Home
- Roadmap and Changes
- Upgrade Path - please see the upgrade path when upgrading from a previous release.
- Download Click 1.5.2
- Maven bundles
- Live examples
- Added plug-able security access controller (AccessController) to Menu class. This plug-able interface enable use of security frameworks such as ACEGI or JSecurity to control user access to Menu items. This issue was raised by Demetrios Kyriakis .
- Improved performance in situations where many controls are added to a page by decreasing the buffer size used for including HTML imports.
- Improved Column decorator error handling .
- Improved PerformanceFilter to implement exclude-paths filtering .
- Improved Spring integration with SpringClickServlet .
- Improved CompressionServletResponseWrapper and CompressionResponseStream classes to have public visibility to enable use in custom servlet Filters .
- Fixed Column sorting to recognize numbers inside strings. This issue was raised by Venkatt Guhesan .
- Fixed a bug where FieldSet was not set as the parent of its child controls. This issue was raised by James P Brown .
- Fixed DateField setup to destroy the DHTML calendar instance when the popup is closed. This fixes a memory leak where calendar instances are not cleaned up .
- Fixed FormTable sorting bug. Added FormTable sort methods setSortedColumn, setSortedAscending, setPageNumber for programmatic sorting. This issue was raised and fixed by Ben Warner .
- Fixed extras pom.xml dependencies .
- Updated Velocity library to version 1.6.2.
The Click team.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.