Date: July 31, 2014
By: Aaron Delp and Brian Gracely
Description: Aaron and Brian talk with Dave Lester (@davelester, Open Source Advocate at Twitter. Friend of @ApacheMesos, @ApacheAurora) about how Twitter manages large-scale infrastructure, an introduction to Apache Mesos and how projects like Kubernetes, Docker, Aurora are helping to define the next-generation of web-scale infrastructure management. Music Credit: Nine Inch Nails (www.nin.com)
Today’s show is dedicated to the memory of a good friend of the show, Jim Ruddy, who left us last week in a tragic car accident. Jim loved his family, life and exploring all the new technology that we cover on the show. He’ll be deeply missed by everybody that knew him.
- Apache Mesos Architecture - http://mesos.apache.org/documentation/latest/mesos-architecture/
- Mesos Technical Paper (academic research) - http://mesos.berkeley.edu/mesos_tech_report.pdf
- Apache Zookeeper - http://zookeeper.apache.org/
- MPI (Message Passing Interface) - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Message_Passing_Interface
- MPICH Overview - http://www.mpich.org/about/overview/
- Using Mesos with Docker - https://mesosphere.io/2013/09/26/docker-on-mesos/
- Using Mesos with Kubernetes - http://mesosphere.io/2014/07/10/mesosphere-announces-kubernetes-on-mesos/
- IBM Acme Air Project - http://ispyker.blogspot.com/2014/06/open-source-release-of-ibm-acme-air.htmlSetting up a Multi-Node Mesos Cluster running Docker, HAProxy and Marathon with Ansible http://blog.michaelhamrah.com/2014/06/setting-up-a-multi-node-mesos-cluster-running-docker-haproxy-and-marathon-with-ansible/
- Getting Started with Apache Mesos and Apache Aurora - http://java.dzone.com/articles/getting-started-apache-mesos
- Zookeeper - like a CMDB - keeping track of configs
- Hadoop Scheduler - collecting data to feed the Mesos scheduler?
- Mesos Master - making scheduling decisions (using hadoop data) and pulling configs from Zookeeper?