Date: May 28, 2015
By: Aaron Delp and Brian Gracely
Description: Aaron and Brian talk to Bernard Golden (@, VP of Strategy, ActiveState) about the latest from ActiveState, Bernard's extensive writing experience, as how containers are changing the pets vs. cattle model.
- Want to register for OSCON now? Use promo code 20CLOUD for 20% off
- Details to win an OSCON pass coming soon!
- Check out the OSCON Schedule
- Free eBook from O'Reilly Media for Cloudcast Listeners!
- Check out an excerpt from the upcoming Docker Cookbook
- Why the Enterprise Needs Shadow IT to Succeed
- Bernard's Third Platform Article
- Pets, Cattle & Chickens?
Topic 2 - We spoke to Bart almost two years ago about ActiveState, I’m sure a lot has changed… What about containers? (Pets, Cattle, and Chickens blog)
Topic 2.5 - You’re latest article on CIO.com was very interesting. It was about why the Enterprise Needs Shadow IT. Can you tell everyone about it?
Topic 3 - You’ve been very open about your support of public cloud and AWS (you wrote the AWS for Dummies Book). What is your position these days now that you daily work is on the Platform side?
Topic 4 - Talk of growth on third platform going forward (your blog and IDC report), We’ve said many times on this podcast, starve the old, feed the new. How disruptive is third platform compared to traditional IT going forward?
Topic 5 - How and where does PaaS (or just platforms) fit into third platform(s) vs. just straight up microservices/12 factor apps/containers/etc. What are the benefits
Topic 6 - Finally, you worked for George Reese at Enstratus/Enstratius. Is he as grumpy is he is in public on Twitter?