The Cloudcast #102: OpenStack Foundation and Piston Cloud (27:57)
Date: September 16, 2013
By: Aaron Delp and Brian Gracely
Description: Aaron and Brian talk with Joshua McKenty (Founder/CTO, Piston Cloud, @jmckenty) about the origins of OpenStack, the OpenStack Foundation, RefStack, Interoperability, AWS APIs and how the Piston Cloud architecture manages legacy and web-scale applications. - Music Credit: Nine Inch Nails, www.nin.com
- Topic 1: How is OpenStack Foundation different from Linux Foundation or other OSS governance?
- Topic 2: RefStack, OpenStack Interop Project
- Topic 3: How should customers view the debates about adding AWS API to OpenStack?
- Topic 4: Looking forward to OpenStack Summit in Hong Kong (key issues, new designs, etc.)
- Topic 5: Piston Cloud architecture -- focused on “enterprise," some “VMware-like features” (live VM migrations, resource pooling, security), but also a focus on pets vs. cattle architecture.