Date: September 5, 2013
By: Aaron Delp and Brian Gracely
Description: Aaron and Brian celebrate Episode #100 with a roundtable of their favorite guests & co-hosts - Christian Reilly (@reillyusa), Joe Onisick (@jonisick), Peder Ulander (@ulander), Amy Lewis (@CommsNinja), and Nick Weaver (@lynxbat). They discuss why Cloud sucks, how to save OpenStack companies, how many clouds the world really needs, and question if the future of all trade shows is in Portland.
- Topic 1 - Why does cloud suck?
- Topic 2 - If you were CEO of an OpenStack-centric company, what would be your strategy?
- Topic 3 - What’s the biggest fear related to Cloud: loss of data, loss of jobs or loss of revenue?
- Topic 4 - With unlimited funding, what technology startup would you create today?
- Topic 5 - What if the world evolves to just AWS, Google and SaaS applications? What would be the interesting jobs or technology in five to 10 years? [Smartphones are just Apple and Android]
- Topic 6 - When vendor margins drop by 50 percent, or everything goes to the cloud, will all conferences be held in Portland? What's the new role of communities with cloud?