The Apache CloudStack project released version 4.6 today, a major update for an already mature open source cloud building platform.
The project developers took a big step in changing the development process for CloudStack, increasing the agility of development by implementing a continuous delivery model that includes having a production-ready release branch ready at all times. They also made it easier to release new features faster without any regressions.
Here are some of the highlights of this release:
- NuageVsp Network Plugin
- Bind integration with Globo DNSAPI
- SAML 2.0 Plugin
- Managed storage for KVM
- Improved CloudByte Storage Plugin
- Use SSH for commands sent to Virtual-Router
- Baremetal Advanced Networking Support
- Instance Password Generation length can now be changed
A full list of the enhancements in 4.6 can be found here.
If you're interested in finding out how popular CloudStack is, check out the list of companies that use it here.