codeBeamer provides project management, wikis and knowledge management, document management, task, requirement and defect management, configuration management (ITIL), continuous integration, version control, source code analysis and forums through a single and secure environment.
Version Focus: Overall Performance, Scalability and Emerging Technologies
With codeBeamer version 5.3, our purpose was to provide improved response times when handling massive amount of tracker items, wiki pages and documents. To achieve that goal, we also used emerging technologies like distributed version control systems and cloud computing, besides the regular tool set of architectural changes and code optimization.
Version Control Systems: Mercurial and Subversion 1.5
- Support for Mercurial - this is our next major step to effectively support very large distributed projects. (Note for Git users: Git support will be available in 5.4!)
- Support for Subversion 1.5 - you can start using all improvements of the Subversion 1.5 series.
- Field value dependencies in parent-child relations - this feature makes hierarchical issues and CMDB items a lot more powerful.
- Tracker summary screens are now full blown wiki pages. You can set up any number of dashboards and information pages in the tracker context as well.
- Full support for tracker workflows in the remote API.
- Copy operation for wiki pages - copy complete page hierarchies with just a couple of clicks.
- Wiki page tree browser - gives a quick and powerful way to navigate page hierarchies.
- View markup - you can get access to the source of wiki pages even if you are permitted to edit them.
- Emoticons and other type of annotation in any wiki text - business applications do not need to be dry.
- New plugin: TagCloud - you will just love this visualization if you use tags extensively.
Manageability and Operations
- Certified to run in the cloud: Javaforge, our free codeBeamer service for open source projects, is now running on the Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud infrastructure.