Conditional Blocks Support for LINQ Reporting Engine & Floating Shapes Rendering
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
What's New in this Release?
Aspose development team is happy to announce the monthly release of Aspose.Words for Java & .NET 15.5.0. This month’s release contains over 87 useful new features, enhancements and bug fixes to the Aspose.Words products. Here is a look at just a few of the biggest features and API changes in this month’s release, CustomXML nodes are removed, support for conditional blocks added to the LINQ Reporting Engine, improved rendering of floating shapes in complex tables, implemented Arabic Abjad list numbering style in the layout, improved performance of importing HTML documents with complex CSS selectors, improved positioning of floating shapes in HTML output, a document can now be rendered in a grayscale mode, improved Far-Eastern characters rendering for PDF embedded fonts and significantly improved time and size when rendering PDF documents with DrawingML text effects. Aspose team has added new public property TextOrientation to PageSetup class. It allows to specify TextOrientation for the whole page. Default value is Horizontal. This property is only supported for MS Word native formats such as DOCX, WML, RTF and DOC. We have added new public property ColorMode to SaveOptions class. While rendering to fixed page formats such as PDF, XPS and images, the documents can be rendered in two color modes now. New functionality of conditional blocks is described in the several sections of the documentation. The list of new and improved features added in this release are given below
- CustomXML nodes are removed
- Support for conditional blocks added to the LINQ Reporting Engine
- Improved rendering of floating shapes in complex tables
- Implemented Arabic Abjad list numbering style in the layout
- Improved performance of importing HTML documents with complex CSS selectors
- Improved positioning of floating shapes in HTML output
- A document can now be rendered in a grayscale mode
- Improved Far-Eastern characters rendering for PDF embedded fonts
- Significantly improved time and size when rendering PDF documents with DrawingML text effects
- Provide code to manually insert watermark at the centre of each page
- Add feature to change the name of 'Page' class when document is exported to HtmlFixed
- Support GlossaryDocument features in DOC, DOT
- FarEast layout should be calculated for each paragraph independently.
- Support conditional blocks for the new reporting engine
- Repeat only part of a paragraph instead of repeating whole paragraph durign mail merge with regions
- Allow specifying "Text Flow" through PageSetup.
- Consider updating invalid IF fields.
- Allow placing more reporting-syntax constructs in the documents
- Consider adding FootnoteOptions.ExportAsComments property
- Can not set Date value by using StructuredDocumentTag.FullDate
- StructuredDocumentTag.DateDisplayLocale Property do not work
- Provide a way to render documents with Grayscale effect.
- Improve positioning of floating shapes in HTML output
- Consider adding partial support for the 'min-width' CSS property on empty table cells
- Transparent image backgrounds are displayed as black in HTML
- Add descriptions for -aw properties
- Support creating grayscale PDF
- Shadow effect on a Drawing is incorrect during rendering to PDF
- Docx to Pdf conversion issue with text position
- Consider moving verifications in DocumentValidator to avoid creating zero-weight files.
- Table style cell borders override direct table formatting borders
- Image borders are incorrect when saving to image using GetShapeRenderer.Save method
- Shape origin is shifted.
- Internal methods are available as Public API
- Uniform local host slashes for different hosts and platforms.
- java.lang.NoSuchFieldError: NODESET occurs during loading a DOCX
- WAn image overlaps the other content when converting to HTML
- Table's borders are missing after saving Docx to PDF/Docx/Doc
- Contents position is changed after re-saving RTF
- Table's border is changed after re-saving the Doc file
- Word Online is not able to Edit Aspose.Words generated documents
- Table borders are missing after re-saving Docx Bug Open/Save corrupts document
- /footnote balancing/ Text flows to the next page (Doc to Pdf)
- /footnote balancing/ Footnote position is changed (Doc to Pdf)
- TabStops, Left and Hanging indent values of TOC items are not preserved by UpdateFields
- CSS font size for table's content are not applied in output Doc/Docx/HTML
- ext moves to next page after re-saving RTF
- Underlines are getting removed in merged document
- /footnotes/ Paragraph position is changed after conversion from Doc to pdf
- Shapes do not render in output Pdf
- UpdateField does not work for DocVariable/DocProperty with vertical tab
- IF fields in bookmark text not resolving properly
- Missing Embedding Font when renderring to PDF
- Table borders become 'nil' during open/save a DOCX
- Provide way to set id, name values of legacy control
- Table border: border colour generated incorrect during Html to Word conversion
- Docx to Pdf conversion issue with footer contents
- Convert DOCX to PDF - repeat table headers problem
- Content (Fields) position is changed after conversion from Doc to Pdf
- Shape fill color is not set correctly using Color.FromArgb
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this releaseOverview: Aspose.Words
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET, Java & Android applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.