Container and Serverless Predictions for 2018 With Lucas Carlson [Audio]
Check out this interview with Automic's Lucas Carlson about 2018 predictions for the container and serverless space, especially Docker.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
It’s only the third week of January, so it’s not too late to still cover predictions for 2018, especially if they are on a specific topic. I last spoke with Lucas Carlson the Senior Vice President of Strategy at Automic in July. We spoke again to discuss the current state of containers and Serverless and how these technologies will develop in 2018.
- Why containers became popular in the last 2 years and what Docker did differently.
- Why so many developers want to use containers.
- When are containers useful.
- Orchestrating containers.
- What’s pushing adoption of containers and serverless?
- What is serverless and who is using it for what?
- What will the future use cases of serverless be?
- What serverless offers over containers.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.