Rancher Labs debuted late last year and it has already made quite a splash. Rancher positions itself as a complete infrastructure platform for running Docker in production or, putting it another way, it provides infrastructure services reimagined for containers.
Sheng Liang, who previously founded Cloud.com and then sold it to Citrix, is one of the founders of Rancher Labs and their CEO. I pulled Sheng away from the booth here at ContainerCon and asked him about his latest venture.
Some of the ground Sheng covers
- What is Rancher labs and its main offerings: RancherOS (an uber light OS) and Rancher (a management platform for hosts and containers running on those hosts)
- Where Sheng got the idea for Rancher labs
- How they have taken in customer feedback and innovated to create offerings that hadn’t originally thought of e.g. RancherOS Rancher screen shot
- A Look At Startup Opportunities In The Container Era – TechCrunch
- Rancher Labs snags $10 million to ease container management – Fortune
Pau for now…