Continuous Discussions: Episode 28 Recap – Docker and Containers in Your CD Pipeline
This episode of the Continuous Discussion podcasts looks at the challenges and opportunities of container technology such as Docker.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Are you excited about Docker? I know I am!
In fact, I had just returned *yesterday from OpenStack Summit in Tokyo, where I gave a talk on Managing Microservices at scale with OpenStack and Docker.
Container technology promises to provide version-able, environment-independent application services in a snap. However, the tasks and tools involved in creating, validating, promoting and delivering Docker containers into production environments are many, complex and time-consuming.
This morning on Continuous Discussions we discussed some of the opportunities and challenges of this technology, and ways to successfully incorporate Docker as part of your end-to-end pipeline.
- Why is Docker (and containerization — which has been around for a LONG time but is now getting lots of attention) so exciting?
- What are some of the challenges of “containerizing” your applications?
- How is this technology being used today? Where is it finding the most usage?
- What lessons have you learned in managing containers in your pipeline?
- How do microservices drive containers, or vice-versa?
(*please excuse me if I looked a bit jet-lagged on #c9d9 earlier, I’m still on Tokyo-time :))
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.
Knowing and Valuing Apache Kafka’s ISR (In-Sync Replicas)
Mastering Time Series Analysis: Techniques, Models, and Strategies
Never Use Credentials in a CI/CD Pipeline Again
Tech Hiring: Trends, Predictions, and Strategies for Success