Are you excited about Docker? I know I am!
In fact, I had just returned *yesterday from OpenStack Summit in Tokyo, where I gave a talk on Managing Microservices at scale with OpenStack and Docker.
Container technology promises to provide version-able, environment-independent application services in a snap. However, the tasks and tools involved in creating, validating, promoting and delivering Docker containers into production environments are many, complex and time-consuming.
This morning on Continuous Discussions we discussed some of the opportunities and challenges of this technology, and ways to successfully incorporate Docker as part of your end-to-end pipeline.
- Why is Docker (and containerization — which has been around for a LONG time but is now getting lots of attention) so exciting?
- What are some of the challenges of “containerizing” your applications?
- How is this technology being used today? Where is it finding the most usage?
- What lessons have you learned in managing containers in your pipeline?
- How do microservices drive containers, or vice-versa?
(*please excuse me if I looked a bit jet-lagged on #c9d9 earlier, I’m still on Tokyo-time :))