Mobile Apps and Continuous Delivery [Podcast]
How do mobile apps and expectations surrounding them affect the way we do Continuous Delivery?
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
earlier this morning on #c9d9 we discussed how mobile ci and cd is different:
how consumer expectations and the release process into the app store affect your ci pipeline?
- (also: when will apple enable developers to support true continuous delivery of their mobile apps?)
- how is testing for mobile different, and how the growth in testing cycles for the different target devices influences your processes, as well as the design of your application?
- how does your code review changes?
- what does mobile have in common with embedded and iot development- and what can we learn from these processes to streamline our mobile app delivery?
- how should your cd pipelines take into consideration both the mobile front end and supporting backend services, and how do you coordinate those pipelines?
watch the replay of this episode:
this episode features:
a certified agile project management professional with 20+ years of experience managing software development, complex integrations and services engagements.
join us on december 15 to discuss best practices for using cloud resources (public, private and hybrid) throughout your delivery pipeline.
this episode will feature:
jason is a product manager at loggly. their cloud-based tools help dev/ops folks to monitor production systems and troubleshoot problems.
team leader and developer with more than 8 years experience in ci support for large applications. blogging about ci, cd, devops and agile.
roy is the author of “beautiful builds” and “the art of unit testing”. he works as a sr. staff engineer at siemens healthcare in ny.
continuous discussions (#c9d9) is a bi-weekly series. see all episodes here .
Published at DZone with permission of Anders Wallgren, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.