Contribute a Screencast to Win Free Passes to Jax London or DevCon London!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Please note that the contest has been extended until September 16th. The new date for announcing winners is September 17.
Take part in building content for the definitive resource for videos on JetBrains products and development best practices, JetBrains TV. By doing so you will have the opportunity to win free passes to two premier developer events.
How to Win a Pass to Jax London:
Each of the 2-day passes that we’re giving away is worth £549. We’d
like to share them with you, the people who love our products. All you need to do for a chance to get a free JAX London pass is create and share a short screencast about 3 things that you love about IntelliJ IDEA or some other of JetBrains IDEs. Make sure to submit your screencast to JetBrains TV no later than on September
How to Win a Pass to DevCon London:
Each of the 2-day passes that we’re giving away is worth £549. You can get one of them pretty easily. All you need to do for a chance to get a free DevCon London pass is create and share a short screencast about any feature (or features) in any of JetBrains .NET tools: ReSharper, dotTrace, or dotCover. You can highlight your favorite feature, come up with a set of tips and
tricks, or make a short task-specific tutorial: be creative in choosing
the content of your screencast! Your submission to JetBrains TV should be made no later than September
* Note for both contests * If you had previously created a screencast at another video hosting site, you’re free to submit it to JetBrains TV and you’ll be eligible for the contest - just provide a link to the original video location and help us make sure that you’re the author of the original video.
We’ll pick 10 winners on September
10 17 and provide them with a promotion code that will enable them to visit either DevCon London or Jax London events absolutely free of charge! What if you want to attend both events? No problem! Just be sure that your seperate video submissions cover the products featured listed under each conference above.
With this contest, we’re mostly targeting UK developers but if you live elsewhere and you’re willing to land in London on September 28 and 29, you’re very much welcome to take part!
- You publish your screencast (or several screencasts, if you will.) at JetBrains TV not later than September 9. Please use your JetBrains Account to log in there.
- We choose best submitted screencasts via internal vote.
- We announce the 10 winners on September 10 and provide them with free JAX London or DevCon London passes.
- We will publish some selected screencasts (mentioning the authors) on a dedicated resource.
- JetBrains TV accepts videos in the following file formats: mp4, mpeg, avi, mpg, wmv, flv, and mov. Make sure to export your video to one of these formats.
- Publish your screencast to a channel that corresponds to the product it’s about: IntelliJ IDEA, TeamCity, etc. or ReSharper, dotCover, or dotTrace.
- Make sure to mark your screencast with tag “JAX 2010 Screencast Contest” or "DevCon 2010 Screencast Contest"
- Silent screencasts are fine but we’d prefer voiceover.
- Use 4:3 aspect ratio for better publishing quality.
- Recommended resolutions: 1024*768 or 800*600.
- Try to limit screencast duration to 5 minutes.
- For DevCon entries please showcase current versions of JetBrains products. By current versions, we mean ReSharper 5.0 or later, dotTrace 4 Performance Beta 3 or later, and dotCover 1.0 Beta or RC.
You are free to create your screencasts using any screencasting tool (Camtasia, Captivate, Jing - hey, there are lots of them).
We are looking forward to your contributions!
The JetBrains Team
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.