Control Text Direction in Shapes including Spreadsheet Comments in Android Apps
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
What’s new in this release?
Aspose development team is pleased to announce the new release of Aspose.Cells for Android v8.0.0. There are some valuable features in this month’s release. Aspose.Cells for Android 8.0.2 provides getter & setter attributes for the TextDirection method in the Shape class. The API now lets developers control the direction of the text in shapes including the spreadsheet comments. The setTextDirection method accepts a value from the constants TextDirectionType, and applies the text direction as Left to Right, Right to Left or to Context. Another notable enhancement has been made to the HtmlLoadOptions class by exposing the Boolean ConvertFormulasData attribute. Setting this property to true when using the setConvertFormulasData method allows the API to interpret any string value starting with character “=” as a formula. Aspose.Cells for Android 8.0.2 has provided fixes for several important issues, such as rendering & manipulating charts, converting Excel to PDF format and rendering and manipulating PivotTables. This release includes plenty of improved features and bug fixes as listed below
- Support custom theme for shape properties
- Set Rendering Hints for Images while Exporting Spreadsheets to HTML
- Fixed issue for Chart with gradient colors and now rendered correctly
- Range referring issue is resolved and now referring to correct area
- WorkbookRender.toPrinter() method now properly print picture
- Pivot Column Grand problem is resolved while rendering XLTX to PDF
- Cell alignment issues are resolved in the rendered PDF file
- Converting Excel file with large number of columns into PDF file
- AutoFitColumns is now working when used with different font settings
- Cursor still move to last column after using Cells.DeleteColumn() to delete it is now fixed
- Generated EMFshape is not same as the original is now fixed
- Excel bookmarks are now generated when converted to PDF
Other most recent bug fixes are also included in this release.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Cells for Android documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Cells for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose.Cells for Android
Aspose.Cells for Android is a MS Excel spreadsheet component that allows programmer to develop android applications for reading, writing & manipulate Excel spreadsheets (XLS, XLSX, XLSM, SpreadsheetML, CSV, tab delimited) and HTML file formats without needing to rely on Microsoft Excel. It supports robust formula calculation engine, pivot tables, VBA, workbook encryption, named ranges, custom charts, spreadsheet formatting, drawing objects like images, OLE objects & importing or creating charts.
More about Aspose.Cells for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Cells for Android
- DownloadAspose.Cells for Android
- Online documentation of Aspose.Cells for Android
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.