Cool Cloud Articles: Node.js, Azure, IaaS/PaaS Comparison, and More
The Cloud Zone is brought to you in partnership with Mendix. Better understand the aPaaS landscape and how the right platform can accelerate your software delivery cadence and capacity with the Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service.
Larry and I have been remiss in sharing our reading, so this list attempts to make up for that…
- Here’s to the first release from MS Open Tech: Redis on Windows: Microsoft's newly formed subsidiary, Microsoft Open Technologies, announces its first release - a new iteration of Redis on Windows.
- Meeting Developers Where They Are: S. Somasegar, Corporate VP of Microsoft's Developer Division, shares his thoughts on "embracing popular Open Source Software (OSS) tools and working collaboratively with the open source community to build together a better cloud that supports all developers and their needs for interoperable solutions."
- Profiling Node.js: Dave Pacheoco walks through using DTrace and node-stackvis to figure out where your program is spending all it’s time.
- Device.js: If you want your web site to work on a wide number of devices, why not let the device determine the layout itself? Device.js uses media queries to determine device capabilities from the client side.
- Comparing IaaS and PaaS: A Developer’s Perspective: A brief discussion of setting up an application on IaaS and PaaS.
- Getting to Node.js Nirvana: An assortment of videos from the Node.js Nirvana event held earlier this month. Mostly about using Node.js on Windows Azure.
- Announcing Casablanca, a Native Library to Access the Cloud From C++: Microsoft announces "an incubation effort to support cloud based client-server communication in native code using a modern asynchronous C++ API design."
- Say Hello to Windows Azure, The World’s Most Misunderstood Cloud: Founder of startup Kaggle, Jeremy Howard talks about deploying Java on Windows Azure.
- Announcing Native Windows Azure Libraries and Special Free Pricing using Twilio for Windows Azure Customers: "Twilio and Windows Azure have teamed up to offer 1000 free text messages or inbound voice minutes when you activate your new Twilio account. Get started today with step-by-step tutorials on how to integrate Twilio services in your application (.NET, PHP, Java) from the Windows Azure Developer Center and take advantage of the free offer from Twilio and Windows Azure."
- Top Benefits of Running Node.js on Windows Azure: "In this post, I wanted to focus on...the benefits of running Node.js on Microsoft cloud platform. This post is targeted towards Node.js developers who are not familiar with running node programs on Windows Azure."
- Glenn Block Does Node.js on Azure: .NET Rocks! interview on the growing popularity of Node.
- Debugging Memory Leaks in Node.js: How to identify memory leaks, not just during development but also in production.
- HTTP Security Vulnerability: Please upgrade to node 0.6.17.
- Privacy Central Protecting Your Data Using Ruby on Windows Azure: CEO and founder, Zoiner Tejada, talks about running Privacy Central on Windows Azure.