Couchbase 4.5 Developer Preview Now Available
As we head towards 4.5 GA, this is a significant milestone packed with many exciting features for more efficient querying, advanced data access, powerful indexing, and more comprehensive administration. Read on for more info.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Couchbase 4.5 Developer Preview is now available!
As we head towards 4.5 GA, this is a significant milestone packed with many exciting features for more efficient querying, advanced data access, powerful indexing, and more comprehensive administration.
For developers, this is going to be a big preview release as it brings some exciting features including:
- Query Workbench – a built-in query editor for writing and executing queries as well as exploring the data model with automatically inferred schemas
- Full-text Search – support for term, fuzzy, phrase, match, and prefix queries has been added – faceting, scoring, and highlighting, too.
- Sub-document API – enables clients to add, remove, and modify individual fields (or read them), including objects and arrays, without reading and writing the entire document
- Array Indexing – index specific fields of elements within nested arrays to improve query performance
- Extended N1QL joins – support a new query optimization for filtering the right side first, with an index, resulting in added flexibility and improved query performance
- Query Profiling and Monitoring – monitor active queries and connections as well as profile queries to identify and diagnose performance issues
- Many more
We’ve also introduced Debian 8 builds and this adds to the existing wide list of platforms we already run on.
Here are some quick links:
- 4.5 Developer Preview Download
- 4.5 Developer Preview features at a glance
- Blog Announcement
- Release Notes
- Docker images
Interested in learning more about each feature, then watch the different videos (more coming) in this playlist:
Originally posted at http://blog.couchbase.com/2016/february/couchbase-4.5-developer-preview-available
Published at DZone with permission of Arun Gupta, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.