Couchbase 4.5 Developer Preview is now available!
As we head towards 4.5 GA, this is a significant milestone packed with many exciting features for more efficient querying, advanced data access, powerful indexing, and more comprehensive administration.
For developers, this is going to be a big preview release as it brings some exciting features including:
- Query Workbench – a built-in query editor for writing and executing queries as well as exploring the data model with automatically inferred schemas
- Full-text Search – support for term, fuzzy, phrase, match, and prefix queries has been added – faceting, scoring, and highlighting, too.
- Sub-document API – enables clients to add, remove, and modify individual fields (or read them), including objects and arrays, without reading and writing the entire document
- Array Indexing – index specific fields of elements within nested arrays to improve query performance
- Extended N1QL joins – support a new query optimization for filtering the right side first, with an index, resulting in added flexibility and improved query performance
- Query Profiling and Monitoring – monitor active queries and connections as well as profile queries to identify and diagnose performance issues
- Many more
We’ve also introduced Debian 8 builds and this adds to the existing wide list of platforms we already run on.
Here are some quick links:
- 4.5 Developer Preview Download
- 4.5 Developer Preview features at a glance
- Blog Announcement
- Release Notes
- Docker images
Interested in learning more about each feature, then watch the different videos (more coming) in this playlist:
Originally posted at http://blog.couchbase.com/2016/february/couchbase-4.5-developer-preview-available