Curator's Note: The following article was originally written by Dipti Borkar on the Couchbase blog.
We’re happy to announce the release of Couchbase Server 2.0.1 Enterprise Edition. As many of you may know, version 2.0 was a very big release with lots of great features and document database capabilities. Version 2.0.1 is the first maintenance release of the Couchbase Server 2.0 release line.
With this maintenance release, we have addressed a few issues that our users and customers provided us feedback on. We have also made a few performance improvements in the areas of rebalance, index building and compaction. The top 5 list of key updates are listed below (and the full release notes are here):
- Improved rebalance operation time for key-value use cases.
- Performance optimizations to cap view / index file size growth during rebalance.
- New low and high watermark thresholds to increase usable memory.
- Stability fixes to drastically improve timeout problems seen by the cluster manager due to Erlang VM settings.
- Significant performance improvements to view / index building particularly useful during initial load.
You can download and check-out the latest version on our download page. If you are currently running Couchbase Server 2.0 EE, we recommend that you upgrade to version 2.0.1 EE. We are working on the community edition and will update our download page once available.
Try out 2.0.1 and give us your feedback!