Covering Mesos and Mesosphere
Apache Mesos is the data center OS. Here's what they have in store for the next year.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Today’s post is the penultimate video in my series of interviews from KubeCon back in November. Below, Aaron Bell, the product manager working on developer facing tools, talks about the Mesos project and Mesosphere — what they do and who’s using it.
Some of the ground Aaron covers
- How mesosphere is connected to the Apache Mesos project (powers Siri and is used at Twitter) 50% of the committers
- What Mesos does and how it works
- DCOS (data center OS) what it is
- What to expect from Mesos in the next year
- KubeCon: Learning about VMware’s Photon Controller – Barton’s blog
- KubeCon: Google Kubernete’s new community lead: Sarah Novotny – Barton’s blog
- KubeCon: Red Hat launches OpenShift v3.1, full of Docker/Kubernetes goodness – Barton’s blog
- KubeCon: Learning about Joyent and Triton, the elastic container infrastructure – Barton’s blog
- KubeCon: The latest about CoreOS and Tectonic – Barton’s blog
- KubeCon: Talking to ClusterHQ founder about Flocker and the Dell storage plugin
Pau for now…
Published at DZone with permission of Barton George, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.