Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.
Join For Free
Easily build powerful user management, authentication, and authorization into your web and mobile applications.Download this Forrester report on the new landscape of Customer Identity and Access Management, brought to you in partnership with Stormpath.
- "Transition" refers to a change of the state of an object.
- In CSS3 we can show the transition of an object using a transition property. Variations of this property for different browsers are: transition,-moz-transition, -moz-transform ,-webkit-transition, -webkit-transform,-o-transition.
- The other transition properties have duration, property, delay and timing functions to control the CSS3 transition.
Testing CSS3 Transition:-
- The HTML CSS3 transition code css3Demo.html ,
<title>CSS3 Transition Demo</title>
border:4px solid red;
transition:border 2s, border-radius 2s, color 2s;
-moz-transition:border 2s, border-radius 2s;
-webkit-transition:border 2s, border-radius 2s;
-o-transition:border 2s, border-radius 2s;
border:4px solid yellow;
- It displays the square on "LOAD" of HTML page,
- On "HOVER" of that div element the transition occurs and becomes round with change in border radius,color and border style. The result will look like:
The Web Dev Zone is brought to you by Stormpath—offering a complete, pre-built User Management API for building web and mobile applications, and APIs. Download our new whitepaper: "Build Versus Buy: Customer Identity Management for Web and Mobile Applications".
Published at DZone with permission of
, DZone MVB
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.