- Spellchecker Module now includes Suggest/Auto-complete Functionality
- Support for merging results from multiple shards
- Optimized implementation of KStem, a less aggressive stemmer for English
Some of the highlights of Solr 3.3 include:
- Grouping/Field Collapsing
- Automation-based suggest/autocompletion offering an order of magnitude smaller RAM consumption.
- KStemFilterFactory, an optimized implementation of a less aggressive stemmer for English
The full list of new features can be found here , along with downloads for each of the projects.
GAWK 4.0.0 Now AvailableLast Thursday, the GNU Project's free software implementation of the data-driven scripting language
AWK, named GAWK, was released. Some of the changes are a result of two years of work, and change both the
behavior and support for protocols and older systems. The full list of changes and updates can be
found at the official Gawk website.
VirtualBox 4.1 now in Public Beta 1Version 4.1 Beta 1 of Sun's popular virtualization product VirtualBox was released on Thursday, featuring many updates and enhancements to be added in its official release. Among the many fixes and additions, the highlights of version 4.1 include:
- Support for cloning of VMs (bug #5853)
- GUI: enhanced wizard for creating new virtual disks
- GUI: new wizard for copying virtual disks
- VMM: raised the memory limit for 64-bit hosts to 1TB
- Windows guests: Experimental WDDM graphics driver
- Guest Additions: modules and features now are represented as facilities to have a common interface for frontends.
- New Networking Mode: UDP Tunnel. Allows to interconnect VMs running on different hosts easily and transparently, see the manual for more information.
VirtualBox 4.1 is set to be a "new major release", and the beta is meant to be a "bleeding-edge
release for early evaluation and testing purposes".
WebCL for Webkit Now Available
Thank you to user derektlib for today's top link!