Dart 1.0 and AngularJS 1.2 Released
The Web Dev Zone is brought to you in partnership with Mendix. Discover how IT departments looking for ways to keep up with demand for business apps has caused a new breed of developers to surface - the Rapid Application Developer.
Two of Google's major web development technologies, AngularJS and Dart, had releases this past week. Dart's maturing process has been a little slower, since it's been around since 2011 and only now is at – what the developers consider – a 1.0 release.
AngularJS's rise has been a lot faster, since it's probably more popular than competing frameworks like Ember.js and Backbone.js. Here are the links and highlights for each new release:
- Animations and Transitions
- Better error messages (including error minification)
- Strict Contextual Escaping
- Track By function to prevent duplicates in ng-repeat
- Controller As syntax to access controller instances in templates
- Promise A+ Compliance
- Separation of ngRoute into its own module