DataNucleus AccessPlatform 3.0 M3
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
We have just released the third milestone of DataNucleus AccessPlatform 3.0. AccessPlatform provides Java persistence using JDO/JPA APIs to RDBMS, ODBMS (db4o, NeoDatis), Documents (Excel, OOXML, ODF, XML), Web-based (JSON, AmazonS3, GoogleStorage), Map-based (BigTable, Cassandra, HBase), as well as some other datastores (LDAP). It is fully compliant with JDO1, JDO2, JDO2.1, JDO2.2, JDO3, JPA1 and JPA2 specs. DataNucleus Access Platform is licensed under the flexible Apache 2 license.
This milestone makes some further changes to the architecture and aims of AccessPlatform.
- Support for JDO3.1 PersistenceManager property setting, allowing enabling/disabling of reachability-at-commit, detach-on-commit, locking, and some other services.
- Support bulk update/delete via JDO Typesafe API
- Fixes to several JPA metadata components, particularly XML, as well as fixes to JPQL subquery handling
- Added optional import of log4j for OSGi environments
- Improvements to speed of non-transactional persistence operations
- Fix to wrapping of SCO fields set using object mutator methods, allowing detection of subsequent changes
- Support for optimised flush process, particularly of use to datastores that don't make use of referential integrity.
- Support for xmemcached, and for later versions of EHCache
- SchemaTool : ability to just generate tables, or just generate constraints
- ODF : Upgrade support to ODFDOM 0.8.7+
- RDBMS : Enable PreparedStatement caching by default
- HBase : Addition of optimised delete, and support for raw persistence of primitive
- MongoDB : Addition of optimised insert
- Fixes for 300+ potential problems shown by "FindBugs".
- Other fixes and minor cleanups/improvements.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.