How to Install an SSL Certificate on IBM Domino
Need help installing IBM Domino?
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
IBM Domino, formally known as Lotus Domino, is a web-server and an advanced product of the IBM server. This web-server is widely used for hosting several social business applications and enterprise-level e-mail collaboration. It is considered to be a low-cost solution to enhance productivity and speed up the operations.
Installing an SSL Certificate on the IBM Domino (Lotus Domino) Web Server
After completing the check-out process for the SSL certificate, you will receive an e-mail attached with a *.zip file from your certification authority. This file comprises of primary, intermediate, and root certificates. You need to download and extract this *.zip file on your IBM Dominoserver directory where you intend to store all your certificates.
Before installing the SSL certificate, you need to generate a CSR (Certificate Signing Request). Please click here to generate a CSR. In case you have already generated a CSR, then proceed with the steps below:
To install an SSL certificate on the IBM Domino server, you need to merge all of your certificate files to the same Key Ring that was used to generate CSR (Certificate Signing Request).
Now, proceed by inserting your certificates into the Key Ring in the following order:
SSL Certificate Installation on IBM Domino
(1) Open the file ‘Domino Server Certificate Administrator (CERTSRV.NSF).’ You can find this file in the system database in the ‘Admin Panel’ of Notes.
(2) Now, proceed by clicking on Install Trusted Root Certificate into Key Ring and enter the file name of the Key Ring that you created while generating the CSR.
(3) You can install the Root Certificate using one of the following three ways:
(a) By selecting Root certificate file
(b) By typing the name and location of Root Certificate
(c) By selecting clipboard option, open your root certificate with any text editor copy content of your root certificate (From BEGIN Certificate _ _ _ _ _ _ to _ _ _ _ _ END Certificate) and paste it in the text box.
(4) Click on the Merge Certificate into Key Ring button.
(5) For installing the ‘Intermediate certificate,’ open ‘Install Trusted Root certificate’ in Key Ring. Now, follow the above process again and install it in to the key ring.
(6) Click on ‘Install certificate into Key Ring.’ Enter the file name of your key ring after that, which was created while generating the CSR, and enter the path of the certificate or you can copy and paste the content of the certificate and click on ‘Merge certificate into Key Ring’ button.
Figure 1: Install SSL Certificate into Key Ring – Lotus Domino
With this, you have successfully completed the process of SSL certificate installation on an IBM Domino (Lotus Domino) server! Happy installing!
Published at DZone with permission of Jake Adley. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.