Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Doing the technical review was, again, a pleasant experience. It is interesting to see the book develop and it is motivating to see your (hopefully) valuable comments and remarks being added to its contents. I’m looking forward to possibly publishing my own book in the near future. :)
So, What Am I Going to Learn from the Book?
You’ll learn most of what you’d need to successfully create and deploy your first Windows 8 application:
- The necessary toolings and predefined project templates (chapter 4)
- The most important UI controls, data binding strategies and UI design patterns (chapter 5 to 7)
- How to authenticate your users by using Windows Live Connect (chapter 8)
- How to add menus and commands (chapter 9)
- Publishing and deployment on the Windows App Store (chapter 10)
If you’re interested, then you might want to consult the website of the book.
Published at DZone with permission of Juri Strumpflohner . See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.