DevOps on AWS Radio: Washington Post - Patrick Cullen (Episode 14) [Podcast]
This podcast talks about various topics surrounding DevOps on AWS, like organizational transformation, its challenges, and infrastructure architecture.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
In this episode, Paul Duvall and Brian Jakovich cover recent DevOps on AWS news and speak with Patrick Cullen - a principal architect from the Washington Post - about their DevOps transformation in AWS.
Here are the show notes:
DevOps on AWS News
- About the Arc Publishing platform
- DevOps, organizational transformation, and team structure
- Challenges with DevOps Transformation
- Let's talk about some of the challenges you've endured in applying DevOps practices and using AWS
- Deep dive on infrastructure architecture when it comes to compute, storage, databases, network, and developer tools
- AWS Organizations and Security on AWS
- Customer Benefits and Metrics
About DevOps on AWS Radio
On DevOps on AWS Radio, we cover topics around applying DevOps principles and practices such as Continuous Delivery on the Amazon Web Services cloud. This is what we do at Stelligent for our customers. We'll bring listeners into our roundtables and speak with engineers who've recently published on our blog and we'll also be reaching out to the wider DevOps on AWS community to get their thoughts and insights.
The overall vision of this podcast is to describe how listeners can create a one-click (or "no click") implementation of their software systems and infrastructure in the Amazon Web Services cloud so that teams can deliver software to users whenever there's a business need to do so. The podcast will delve into the cultural, process, tooling, and organizational changes that can make this possible including:
- Automation of
- Networks (e.g. VPC)
- Compute (EC2, Containers, Serverless, etc.)
- Storage (e.g. S3, EBS, etc.)
- Database and Data (RDS, DynamoDB, etc.)
- Organizational and Team Structures and Practices
- Team and Organization Communication and Collaboration
- Cultural Indicators
- Version control systems and processes
- Deployment Pipelines
- Orchestration of software delivery workflows
- Execution of these workflows
- Application/service Architectures - e.g. Microservices
- Automation of Build and deployment processes
- Automation of testing and other verification approaches, tools, and systems
- Automation of security practices and approaches
- Continuous Feedback systems
- Many other topics...
Published at DZone with permission of Paul Duvall, DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.