Diving Into Data Visualization
Diving Into Data Visualization
In this article, we're going to look at some of the top data visualization articles on DZone, explore data visualization elsewhere on the web, and look at some data visualization publications.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
How to Simplify Apache Kafka. Get eBook.
Welcome back to our monthly big data deep dive series! It's been a while. Last time, we looked at data science from a big data angle. This time, we're going to look at something that's integral to pretty much anyone handling big data: data visualization. Without the skills and tools to visualize your data, you won't be able to analyze or draw meaningful insights from it. In this article, we're going to look at some of the top data visualization articles on DZone, explore data visualization elsewhere on the web, and look at some data visualization publications.
Visualizing Data Visualization
Check out some of the top data visualization articles on DZone to understand what data visualization is, learn how to do data visualization with Apache Zeppelin, and learn the differences between data visualization and data analytics. These articles are best read in order, so let's start with #1!
- A Quick Overview of Data Visualization by Saanvi Sharma. Data visualization is playing an increasingly important role in big data and advanced analytics projects. This article scratches the surface of what it's all about.
- The Art of Data Visualization by Kameerath Kareem. Now that you understand what data visualization is at the core, read this article to garner an appreciation of it.
- So, You Want to Become a Data Visualization Expert? by Shelby Blitz. Well, do you? Follow these strategies to quickly become a data visualization guru.
- Data Visualization Using Apache Zeppelin by Kunal Nagar. It's time to test your skills in the real world. Learn how to use Zeppelin to analyze your data, gain insight, and improve and enhance your business decisions.
- Buyers Beware: Data Visualization Is Not Data Analytics by Aya Ephrati. Of course, visualization alone is not enough. Pretty charts and graphs are great, but they must be analyzed accurately for good results.
PS: Are you interested in contributing to DZone? Check out our brand new Bounty Board, where you can apply for specific writing prompts and win prizes!
Data Visualization Delights
Let's journey outside of DZone and check out some recent news, conferences, and more that should be of interest to data visualization newbies and experts alike.
- 18 Data Visualization Resources for Education and Inspiration. If you're new to data visualization, this is the article for you. Check out some resources that offer instruction, guidance, and inspiration.
- The Visual Display of Quantitative Information by Edward Tufte. Tufte is a pioneer in the field of data visualization, so his book is a must-read.
- The Beauty of Data Visualization. In this TED-Ed talk, learn why good design is the best way to navigate information glut.
Dive Even Deeper Into Data Visualization
- The DZone Guide to Big Data: Data Science and Advanced Analytics. Explore the critical capabilities in next-generation self-service data preparation tools and dive deep into applications and languages affiliated with big data.
- R Essentials: The Language for Data Manipulation and Statistical Analysis. In this Refcard, learn about R, a highly extensible, open-source programming language used mainly for statistical analysis and graphics.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.