Domo Arigato, OpenStack Tokyo!
Domo Arigato, OpenStack Tokyo!
The Cloudify team gets excited for the OpenStack Summit in Tokyo, Japan.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
It’s on, folks! Tokyo is not just around the corner, it’s here - and OpenStack peddlers, developers, fanboys, newbies will all be out there to hear about how everyone is using OpenStack to improve the open cloud initiative and push this amazing project forward.
Our own Cloudify team will also be making their way out east to the Land of the Rising Sun to showcase a few of the things we are working on in OpenStack. We will be talking about all things pure-play, open source orchestration - everything from NFV and TOSCA to microservices and Kubernetes.
We are also excited to announce our partnership with Mirantis in creating, and completing, a plugin for Murano that allows users to extend this formerly OpenStack-specific application catalog to any infrastructure, and even deploy and model applications on a hybrid infrastructure. More on that topic in an upcoming blog post.
Of course, a post about the OpenStack Summit would not be complete without a nice list of upcoming Cloudify news and activities, so here it is:
- Cloudify 3.3 is on its way this quarter with some major updates to the Visual Composer, the addition of IPv6, and many other anticipated features. For more, check out the Cloudify 3.3 roadmap.
- We now enable Kubernetes to be extended to OpenStack along with other clouds including VMware
- Cloudify 3.3 will support OpenStack LIberty.
- Our software now supports mixed OpenStack, VMware, and Docker workloads so users can run apps on hybrid cloud environments.
Don’t forget to stop by our booth, T48, where you can pick up loads of great things.
- Two lucky attendees will be going back with a mini drone to enjoy!
- Arthur Berezin will be signing, and giving away, copies of his new book, Production Ready OpenStack - Recipes for Successful Environments.
- We have stickers, beach balls, and loads more to pick up right at the booth.
- And finally - what would Tokyo be without a little karaoke?! Come by and blast your jam right from our booth. We have the speakers, you bring the voice!
If you can make it out, here are the various talks we will be giving at the summit this year:
- “How to Build Cloud Native Microservices with Hybrid Workloads on OpenStack” — Tuesday, Oct. 27 at 4:00pm
- “Hybrid Cloud Orchestration on OpenStack” — Tuesday, Oct. 27 at 3:45pm
- “An Approach for Migrating Enterprise Applications into OpenStack” — Wednesday, Oct. 28 at 12:05pm
- “How to Hack a Community From the Bottom Up” — Wednesday, Oct. 28 at 2:15pm
It doesn’t stop there! Join the OpenStack Community Slack group to get the inside scoop on what’s happening at the event and visit the OpenStack Global Community on Facebook. And come by at the Summit to join your fellow attendees talking about all things OpenStack Community on Wednesday, October 28th at 10am. Keep following for location details coming soon.
Last, but certainly not least - our very own Arthur Berezin and Sharone Zitzman will be hosting a podcast on the ground at the Tokyo Summit on Wednesday, October 28th at 4pm local time to talk about everything going on. Special guests include OpenStack thought leader, Florian Haas, cloud analyst Ben Kepes, and Red Hat OpenStackerFlavio Percoco.
Keep an eye on this blog for some more OpenStack goodness during the week of the Summit and we look forward to jamming with you!
Published at DZone with permission of Sharone Zitzman , DZone MVB. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.