dotCover 1.0 and dotTrace 4 Performance are Released!
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
There’s joy and happiness all around for .NET developers as we’re finally releasing dotTrace 4 Performance and dotCover to the market!
Download dotCover and dotTrace 4 Performance right now to make your applications fast and properly covered.
Just as a reminder, dotCover is a brand new, simple .NET code coverage tool that:
- Integrates with Visual Studio 2005, 2008, or 2010 to analyze unit test coverage in .NET Framework and Silverlight applications.
- Supports multiple unit testing frameworks (MSTest, NUnit, xUnit, MSpec, etc.)
- Highlights code that is covered (or not covered) by unit tests.
- Provides code coverage via application execution.
- Detects which unit tests cover any particular location in code.
- Integrates with ReSharper’s unit testing toolset.
- Provides a console utility, enabling to use it with a Continuous Integration server.
- Generates XML-based code coverage reports.
Learn more about dotCover on this blog and on JetBrains TV.
dotTrace 4 Performance helps .NET developers:
- Get accurate info on performance bottlenecks in a variety of .NET applications including those built using .NET Framework 4, .NET Compact Framework 3.5, and Silverlight 4.
- Profile applications with great accuracy in several modes, including profiling remote applications.
- Profile complex desktop and server applications, thanks to unprecedented robustness.
- Immediately estimate how removing a particular bottleneck would affect the overall application performance.
- Launch profiling from Microsoft Visual Studio and quickly switch back to review problematic source code.
Learn more about dotTrace 4 Performance on JetBrains TV. You might also take a look at the updated dotTrace documentation section for brand new online help and a Getting Started tutorial.
dotTrace 4 Memory is expected to come out in several months. Meanwhile, dotTrace 3.5 Memory is available, which is a memory part from dotTrace 3.1 with additional support for CLR 4.
dotTrace 4 Performance comes in two editions, Standard and Professional. You can learn more about the new editioning scheme in dotTrace FAQ.
If you’re an existing dotTrace customer, then bang! dotTrace 3.5 Memory is free for you. Better yet, if your license was purchased on or after December 17, 2008, you get a free upgrade to dotTrace 4 Performance and dotTrace 3.5 Memory.
Download dotCover (free 30-day evaluation) and dotTrace 4 Performance (free 10-day evaluation).
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.
How To Approach Java, Databases, and SQL [Video]
Part 3 of My OCP Journey: Practical Tips and Examples
Transactional Outbox Patterns Step by Step With Spring and Kotlin
From On-Prem to SaaS