Dove Document Distribution System
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Dove is a free open source application which facilitates the distribution of documents to a variety of destination types such as email, local files, ftp, ftps, sftp, tftp, Samba servers, Windows network shared drives and WebDAV servers. Being an abstraction layer over previously enumerated protocols it allows sending of documents to email or to a WebDAV server with equal ease.
Below is a list of features that Dove supports.
The following list shows general benefits of using Dove:
- Easy to install and use
- Runs on Windows, Linux and other UNIX like systems
- It has good documentation
Supported destination types
Currently Dove supports following destination types:
- Local files
- FTP, FTPs, SFTP and TFTP
- Windows shared drives and UNIX Samba servers
Additionally to the above Dove provides other useful features like:
- Dynamic generation of email messages based on templates
- Can be run as a command line application or as a server application
- It is extendable by writing add-ons in Groovy
- Can poll for distributing tasks coming from systems written in any programming language such as C/C++, .Net, COBOL, PHP, Perl, Cocoa, Delphi, FORTRAN etc.
Dove is free software released under the terms of Apache License, Version 2.0.
Please feel free to download and use Dove - Document Distribution System.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.