Drag-and-Drop Integration Allows Business and IT Departments to Collaborate on Workflow Automation
Built.io® expands integration platform with an intuitive, zero-training tool optimized for citizen integrators.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Built.io® – a technology provider with digital solutions that enable organizations to quickly create, integrate and scale applications across mobile, web and IoT – today introduced Built.io Flow Express. This new option brings the benefits of automation to business users and citizen integrators alike. It allows any non-technical user to quickly create an automated workflow and subsequently hand it off to a more technical collaborator who can use the platform's rich developer interface to add more complex logic.
Built.io Flow Express complements Built.io's existing integration offering (which is being rebranded as Built.io® Flow Enterprise™) to provide the first end-to-end integration suite that makes it possible for users with varying technical skills to collaborate on workflow automation. By using tools that offer appropriate capabilities for each audience, workflows can be exchanged and optimized across both business and IT functions.
"The addition of Built.io Flow Express means we now have an end-to-end suite that scales with our integration needs," said Jason Goecke, GM Tropo at Cisco. "Built.io Flow Express allows our sales teams to create a realistic, customized demo faster than ever and the seamless integration with Built.io Flow Enterprise means that we can take a simple POC and expand it into a full-scale production scenario using the same robust integration core."
With Built.io Flow Express, Built.io broadens the appeal of cloud integration, offering no-code and low-code options alongside its most sophisticated developer tooling. Built.io Flow Express comprises the following key components and benefits:
- No-Code Interface: Users can build automated workflows that connect their favorite apps through an incredibly easy-to-use web interface, without having to be able to code or hire a developer.
- Flow Export: Built.io Flow Express provides the ability to export workflows to Built.io Flow Enterprise. Any workflow created using the business-friendly tool can be further enhanced in the enterprise developer environment.
- Multi-Step Flows: Users can create high-value workflows that connect a multitude of services together and that send data across multiple applications all at once.
- Template Library: Users can tap into an extensive library of templates that provide the most popular and useful integrations as ready-to-use workflows.
- Triggers: Triggers are events that initiate a workflow. For example, when a customer record is updated in a company's CRM system, Flows can trigger actions across related systems, such as marketing automation, inventory management or a mobile customer service app. Flows can be triggered in realtime or executed according to a predetermined schedule.
- Output Formatter: Data can easily be transformed into different formats, including HTML, text, ordered and unordered list, tables, CSV and more. This allows applications with different data requirements to connect and interact.
- Loops: Loops enable sophisticated workflows that iterate one or several actions over a large set of data. Process all your tasks, emails or support tickets, for example, and make sure VIPs get a timely response.
"Delivering scalable, realtime and robust integrations to the enterprise via a drag-and-drop tool is what the market needs," said Jim Lundy, CEO and Lead Analyst at Aragon Research. "It allows businesses to operate more efficiently by automating their everyday processes, without having to lean on IT."
"With Built.io Flow Express we're bringing immediate value to business users at large companies," said Matthew Baier, COO at Built.io. "We are also, for the first time, making robust, enterprise integration accessible and affordable for small and medium-sized businesses – a segment that has traditionally been underserved and ignored by integration vendors."
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.