OK, this one wins top honours in the “Just Because We Can” category: How would you like to develop your Xcode project … on your iPad?
Dringend is a fast and easy to use iOS and Mac app development environment for your iPad. Program and build your apps on the go from your iPad (Mac also required) using a beautiful and intuitive code editor and all your changes will be synced back to your Mac when your done. Wherever you may be in the world, whether on a beach or sitting at a cafe you can continue to develop your apps and even build and run them…
- Build and run your iOS projects on your iPad (Mac app, Dropbox account & registration as official iOS developer required to run project)
- Full syntax highlighting (including Logos support)
- Find and replace
- Code structure list to view methods and pragma marks in files
- Additional keys to make accessing commonly used programming keys easier
- Project syncing with Dropbox
- Full keyboard dock and bluetooth keyboard support
- Import Xcode projects from Dropbox
- Export Xcode projects from iPad to Dropbox
- Import files from Dropbox
- Creating new Xcode projects from templates (same as in Xcode)
- Create new files from Xcode templates
- Delete, move and generally edit the Xcode project structure
Dringend allows you to build and run apps by connecting to your development Mac at home and using your Mac to build the app and send the output back to Dringend.
To enable this simply download The Constructor.app which acts as the build server for Dringend. All you need to select is the code signing identity you wish to use (this can be found in Keychain Access.app) and the provisioning profile. From there the app will handle everything.
The build server also automatically sets up port forwarding on your router so that no matter where you are in the world you will be able to build and run your apps from Dringend…
Not completely sure that this is the most practical idea compared to just carrying a laptop, but hey, if you want to travel really light and still get work done, check it out!