If there's one thing that's clear already this week, it's the fact that Drupal is popular. I'm here at DrupalCon DC 2009 without about 1000 other Drupal enthusiasts and people seem very excited about the power and potential that Drupal promises. Throughout the week I'll be covering the show and highlighting the interesting sessions that I'm attending, along with some of the news coming out of the show.
In just a few minutes, the keynote with the creator of Drupal, Dries Buytaert, will start, where he'll be covering the state of Drupal and where they're headed with the next major releas, Drupal 7. Big things are promised for D7, so we'll see what he has to say.
Later on today, it looks like the schedule is packed with some interesting sessions. Here are a few of the ones that I'm interested in.
- More than Search: How Apache Solr Changes the Way You Build Sites
- Drupal in the Newsroom
- Organic Groups: What it can Do and Where its Headed
- Drupal Databases: The Next Generation
- Content Scheduling with Slot Machine
- Life Beyond Email: Messaging and Notification
- Drupal with XMPP Integration
Lot's a great topics! Keep an eye out for me throughout the week if you're at the show and feel free to stop me and say hello.