Dynamic Optimization of Private Cloud Fabric
The Cloud Zone is brought to you in partnership with Mendix. Better understand the aPaaS landscape and how the right platform can accelerate your software delivery cadence and capacity with the Gartner 2015 Magic Quadrant for Enterprise Application Platform as a Service.
Continuing on in our Build Your Private Cloud in a Month series, today Yung Chou and I walk through the steps needed to dynamically optimize our Private Cloud Fabric. Tune in as we show you how to reserve capacity for virtualization hosts, dynamically balance VM loads across hosts, configure automatic live migration and optimize datacenter power consumption.
Download this video for offline viewing.
Specific topics in this session include:
- [ 01:08 ] Recap: Building a Private Cloud
- [ 04:33 ] How important is Dynamic Optimization?
- [ 11:25 ] DEMO: How to optimize the utilization of our Fabric
- [ 12:05 ] DEMO: How to set reserve capacity for our hosts
- [ 16:05 ] DEMO: How to balance the VM load
- [ 18:06 ] DEMO: How to set up Auto Live Migration
- [ 22:49 ] DEMO: How to optimize our power consumption
After reviewing this video, get prepared to explore the Private Cloud management capabilities of System Center 2012 for yourself in this series with these downloadable resources:
- Download System Center 2012 with Service Pack 1
- Download Windows Server 2012
- Get Started with the FREE Hyper-V Server 2012
- Step-by-Step: Build a Hyper-V Cluster - Part 1 of 2
- Step-by-Step: Build a Hyper-V Cluster - Part 2 of 2
- Activate Your Windows Azure 90-Day Free Subscription
Let’s Start Building Our Cloud!
Get started building your Hybrid Cloud solution in our “Early Experts” Cloud Quest
- READ: Build Your Private Cloud in a Month - Article Series
- DO IT: Build Your Cloud in the “Early Experts” Cloud Quest
Are You in The Clouds With Me?
What are your thoughts around Private Cloud? Feel free to share your comments and thoughts below!