dynaTrace, a provider of performance management and monitoring software, today unveiled the latest release of its third-generation continuous APM system. The latest release extends the company's PurePath technology, providing transaction-level visibility into environments that rely on virtualization, SOA and custom remoting protocols.
The latest release also automates repetitive tasks in pre-production, enabling architects, test and development teams to increase proactive isolation. New RESTful allow existing tools to automatically trigger reports from dynaTrace.
Continuous APM also enhances its unique lifecycle-based approach with advanced session- and incident-management features designed to reduce operational maintenance and facilitate lifecycle collaboration.
Some of the new features in the latest release include:Transaction-centric capabilities: Effective APM today uses transaction-level performance visibility rather than the traditional APM’s aggregated component-level monitoring. This dynaTrace release extends transactional visibility to:
- Virtualization: understand virtualization’s impact on business-critical application performance by seeing how competition for shared resources impacts transaction response times
- ESBs: manage SOA applications and their dependencies that decouple services through an enterprise service bus such as the Oracle Service Bus (OSB) and understand their impact on the end-to-end transaction performance
- Custom Protocols: A new software development kit (SDK) enables dynaTrace to trace transactions relying on non-standard remoting protocols
Continuous, 24x7 availability: dynaTrace’s transaction-centric APM system runs continuously, complex production environments to spot performance issues before users are broadly impacted. This new release contains improvements in:
- Scalability: dynaTrace now processes 75% more measurements per second per dynaTrace server
- Performance: improvement in optimizing and analyzing memory dumps
- Optimization: 30% reduction in the size of the dynaTrace repository
Lifecycle Management: Unlike traditional APM systems deployed primarily in production environments, third generation APM is used across the application lifecycle starting in development, extending into test centers, and through to production. dynaTrace now delivers new features designed specifically for these functional groups:
- Production/Operations teams: New session-storage management and advanced incident-management features simplifies maintenance
- Pre-production teams: Packaging multiple dynaTrace diagnostic sessions into a single file simplifies collaboration
Automation: The automation of manual tasks associated with traditional APM is a hallmark of third generation APM. This release extends dynaTrace’s automation capabilities with:
- Automated report generation capabilities that can be programmatically extracted for inclusion in continuous integration and test management environments
- New hotspot visualization capabilities that streamline the process of diagnosing the root cause of performance bottlenecks
Open source integration: Third generation APM systems must easily integrate with the IT infrastructure that enterprises have already invested in. dynaTrace now supports:
- Open source database: PostgreSQL is now an option for customers who wish to store data collected by dynaTrace
- Open APIs for automated access to reports in various formats such as XML, HTML, PDF and CSV
To learn more about dynaTrace's Continuous APM offering, visit: