The e4 team has published the first release of the e4 project. This is an early alpha release that allows the Eclipse community to start experimenting and exploring the e4 technology.
To help you better understand what is possible with e4, we are running a series of e4 webinars on August 18 and August 26. Members of the e4 team will present on the different aspects of the project. The agenda for each webinar is:
E4 Part I – August 18, 2009
- Introduction to e4 – Kevin McGuire (IBM)
- Application Services – Boris Bokowski (IBM)
- Modeled User Interface (UI) – Tom Schindl (BestSolution)
- CSS – Kevin McGuire (IBM)
- XML Windowing Toolkit (XWT) – Yves Yang (Soyatec)
E4 Part II – August 26, 2009
- Introduction – Mike Wilson (IBM)
- Flexible Resources – Serge Beauchamp (Freescale Semiconductor)
- …and it’s Eclipse too! The Compatibility Layer – Eric Moffatt (IBM)
- Rich AJAX Platform (RAP)
- Toolkit Model – Hallvard Traetteberg (Norwegian University of Science and Technology)
I hope you can attend. btw, another great resource for understanding e4 is this very excellent e4 white paper.