Ebean ORM v2.4.0 With Transparent Encryption Support
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
Ebean ORM v2.4.0 has been released
The main new feature is transparent encryption support. This is where you can chose properties to be store in encrypted form in the database.
Either Database encryption functions or Java client side encryption is used depending on the data type.
With Database encryption properties can be included in query WHERE clauses and the encryption becomes effectively transparent to the application. When Java client side encryption is used (to encrypt/decrypt a specific property) then the property can not be used in a query WHERE clause.
Database encryption support is built in for MySql, Postgres, Oracle and H2.
For more information refer to:
About Ebean ORM:
- Uses JPA annotations for mapping (@Entity, @OneToMany etc)
- Uses a stateless API (automatic management of Persistence Context)
- No merge(), persist(), flush() etc ... just save(), delete(), update()
- Lazy loading just works ...
- Can use Enhancement, "Dynamic Proxies" or "Vanilla mode"
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.