Enhanced Layout & Rendering Engine with Important Changes in API
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
What’s new in this release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Words for .NET (9.2.0) has been released. There are some breaking changes in the public API. All events and delegates were replaced with properties and interfaces. It is no longer relying on GDI+ for text measurements and all Aspose components are now moving towards the Aspose Unified Framework which basically means more consistent and robust public APIs across all Aspose products. The list of new and improved features in this release are listed below
- Performance improvements to the layout and rendering engine.
- No longer relying on GDI+ for text measurements means better server-side conversion to PDF.
- Support for condensed and expanded text when rendering.
- Improvements to field update of TOC, REF, PAGEREF, NOTEREF, INCLUDETEXT fields.
- Ability to easily distinguish templates, documents with digital signatures or encryption before loading them.
- Ability to access generated list labels and numbers on paragraphs.
- Breaking changes in the API - all events and delegates are replaced with interfaces.
- Breaking changes in the API - document loading and saving methods and signatures simplified.
- About 100 improvements and fixes in all areas of Aspose.Words.
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Words for .NET documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Words for performing different tasks like the followings.
- How-to: Insert a Document into another Document
- How-to: Convert Between Measurement Units
- Video: Upgrade to Aspose.Words for .NET 9.2 - MailMerge.MergeField Event
Overview: Aspose.Words for .NET
Aspose.Words is a word processing component that enables .NET applications to read, write and modify Word documents without using Microsoft Word. Other useful features include document creation, content and formatting manipulation, mail merge abilities, reporting features, TOC updated/rebuilt, Embedded OOXML, Footnotes rendering and support of DOCX, DOC, WordprocessingML, HTML, XHTML, TXT and PDF formats (requires Aspose.Pdf). It supports both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems. You can even use Aspose.Words for .NET to build applications with Mono.
More about Aspose.Words for .NET
- Homepage of Aspose.Words for .NET
- Download of Aspose.Words for .NET
- Online Demos for Aspose.Words for .NET
- Features overview for Aspose.Words for .NET
- Online documentation of Aspose.Words for .NET
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Words for .NET Forum
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Words for .NET blog
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.