Enterprise Service Management in Cloud-Based Service Desk Software
ServiceDesk Plus extends ITSM capabilities to business functions beyond IT; evolves into a rapid-start enterprise service desk.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
- Create and launch service desk instances for business functions in less than 60 seconds.
- Leverage ITSM best practices to manage services in non-IT departments.
- Increase business productivity through service automation, collaboration and intelligent reporting.
- Sign up for a free, 30-day trial of ServiceDesk Plus.
ManageEngine is bringing a unified approach to enterprise service management with an update to the cloud version of its flagship ITSM product, ServiceDesk Plus. With the ability to launch and manage multiple service desk instances on the go, organizations can now leverage proven IT service management (ITSM) best practices to streamline business functions for non-IT departments, including HR, facilities, and finance. The ServiceDesk Plus cloud version comes loaded with built-in templates unique to various business processes, giving users the flexibility to perform codeless customizations for quick and easy deployment of business services.
Within any organization, employees consume services provided by various departments on a daily basis. While each department offers unique services, the processes and workflows associated with those services follow a pattern similar to that of IT service management. However, organizations often implement ITSM workflows only within their IT department, seldom leveraging these ITSM best practices to manage service delivery across other departments.
“Traditionally, the best practices of service management have only been available to the IT functions of an organization. Other departments, despite the mandate of servicing end users, make do with processes and tools unique to their domain while not tapping into established standards followed by IT,” said Rajesh Ganesan, director of product management at ManageEngine. “ServiceDesk Plus takes the collective lessons from IT and brings an integrated approach to service management that cuts across different departments to deliver a consistent user experience and provide centralized visibility of all services.”
“Having separate service desk instances for IT, facilities, and records allow us to track the issues separately while giving us access to the other departments’ resources. With the new version of ServiceDesk Plus, we feel like the firm’s support and administration departments are working together to provide assistance,” said Beverley Seche, network administrator at Stark & Stark, Attorneys at Law. “I love that it’s customizable, easy to use and available at a great price.”
Reimagining ITSM for Business Operations
Service operations by business teams closely align with fundamental service management processes. Unifying service operations across an organization helps provide a consistent experience for end users. Whether an employee requests information from HR or submits a work order to facilities, non-IT service requests often follow a similar workflow to that of any IT service request. So, instead of disparate applications and disjointed processes, organizations can use a centralized service desk to facilitate request logging and tracking, task automation and delegation as well as request fulfillment and feedback. With a unified service desk, each department can have its own service desk instance with templates and workflows inspired by existing IT service management processes.
Becoming a Rapid-Start Enterprise Service Desk
To date, ServiceDesk Plus has focused on providing ITSM best practices to the IT end of business. By discovering the common thread between the different service management activities within an enterprise, ServiceDesk Plus is now able to carry its capabilities beyond IT. As an enterprise service desk, ServiceDesk Plus helps organizations instantly deploy ITSM solutions for their supporting business units by providing:
- Rapid deployment: Create, deploy and roll-out a service desk instance in less than 60 secs.
- Single enterprise directory: Maintain users, service desks, authentications and associations in one place.
- Unique service desk instances: Create separate service desk instances for each business function and facilitate organized service delivery using code-free customizations.
- Service automation: Implement ITSM workflows to efficiently manage all aspects of the business service lifecycle.
- Built-in catalog and templates: Accelerate service management adoption across departments by using prebuilt templates and service catalogs unique to each business unit.
- Centralized request portal: Showcase all the services that end users require using a single portal based on each individual’s access permissions.
30-Day Free Evaluation
The ServiceDesk Plus cloud version is available immediately. Based on the size and maturity of the organization, it is available in Free, Standard, Premium, and Enterprise editions.
A free, fully functional, : www.manageengine.com/products/service-desk/download.html.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.