Entrepreneurial Mindset: Why and How?
A tech leader provides a quick overview of what it means to have an entrepreneurial mindset and why this mindset helps you successfully lead a tech team.
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
The success of any leader largely depends upon having an entrepreneurial mindset. So what does it take to develop such a mindset?
Here are a few fundamental traits that constitute being entrepreneurial.
1. Being Curious
- This lays the groundwork for innovative solutions. If you are not curious then you are not a starter.
- Continuously look for improvements.
2. Seeing Challenges as Opportunities
- Find growth opportunities in situations where others consider them as impossible.
- Having belief in endless opportunities.
3. Being Passionate
- Bring passion to most mundane jobs and make them interesting.
- Filter out BS and sacrifice feel-good times.
4. Having an Ability to Map Value to Solutions
- Map solutions for a bigger cause/purpose.
5. Lead by Following and Be a Fierce Loyalist
- Lead by “following” others. Surround yourselves with great minds.
- Be loyal to your mission.
- Be loyal to the people you look up to, as well as your followers.
6. Risk Everything to Enjoy the Two States
- Failure → Is a lesson and a stepping stone to solving another problem.
- Success → Is a lesson and also a stepping stone to solving the bigger problem.
7. Be Able to Articulate and Tell Fantastic Stories
- Yes, they create memorable stories too.
You are blessed if you have “all/most” of the above qualities. Otherwise, if you are surrounded with such personalities, then cherish their contributions and work to continue to help them grow.
“Entrepreneurial personalities find happiness in their journey, whereas the destination is just another milestone.”
Published at DZone with permission of Shankar Muniyappa. See the original article here.
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.