Export PowerPoint Presentation to PDF & Metafile Rendering are Enhanced
Join the DZone community and get the full member experience.Join For Free
What's New in this Release?
The long awaited version of Aspose.Slides for Java (7.7.0) has been released. This is mainly a maintenance release where by many presentations rendering issues have been addressed. We have resolved issues pertaining to Aspose.Slides working with Tomcat environment and JDK 1.6_45. We have resolved the presentation to PDF rendering issues including charts, tables and text rendering. Some important bug fixes included in this release are given below
- Update code examples in doc files
- Create separate fonts collections for every presentation
- Improve metafile rendering quality
- Embedded videos are displaced on generated SVG
- SVG page throws an exception if it contains an embedded video is resolved
- Exception resolved on generating PDF in Tomcat environment
- Presentation to Pdf conversion in Apache Tomcat 7 results output improved
- Microsoft PowerPoint 2007 presentation issue on exporting to PDF is fixed
- OutOfMemoryError exception on embedding the video inside presentation
- Bitmap(Image) (Image contains TIFF) throws NullPointerException is fixed
- AssertionError is fixed on generating PDF for PPS presentation
- Table cells text underline shows line broke up in generated PDF
- Border rendered incorrectly in generated PDF
- Category axis labels are missing or improperly rendered in generated PDF
- Wrong Callout shape color is rendered in generated PDF
- PptException on generating Tiff image using JDK 1.7
Newly added documentation pages and articles
Some new tips and articles have now been added into Aspose.Slides for Java documentation that may guide you briefly how to use Aspose.Slides for performing different tasks like the followings.
Overview: Aspose.Slides for Java
Aspose.Slides is a Java component to create, read, write and modify a PowerPoint document without using Microsoft PowerPoint. It supports PHP applications and provides all advanced features for managing presentations, slides, shapes, tables and supports PPT, POT, POS PowerPoint formats. Now you can add, access, copy, clone, edit and delete slides in your presentations. It also supports audio & video frames, adding pictures, text frames and saving presentations as streams or SVG format.
More about Aspose.Slides for Java
- Homepage of Aspose.Slides for Java
- Downlaod Aspose.Slides for Java
- Online documentation of Aspose.Slides for Java
- Demos of Aspose.Slides for Java
- Post your technical questions/queries to Aspose.Slides for Java Forum
- Receive notifications about latest news and supported features by subscribing to Aspose.Slides for Java blog
Opinions expressed by DZone contributors are their own.